21 August 2011

Banksy



Hello! Here I am after holidays. Fresh, relaxed and ready for this week       
 Daring Cardmakers challenge

' Inspired By Banksy '

Who is behind this fabulous dare?
So now is your chance to dig out those stencils, use that paint, throw in a few ironic sayings and give your card some 'street life'

I admire Mr. Banksy's satirical street artwork . So I made two cards :


Chicago Pram  - original by Banksy


Just Arrived - by me


I printed Chicago pram  image on to blue stripe Craftworkcards paper


Layered patterned papers panels embellished with the vintage lace and heavy duty twine.
The tag was very easy to made with Letraset Promarkers I added wall structure and graffiti sentiment.

Finally I embellished tag with the handmade crochet flower; and tea paper rose for softness. As I was digging in my ribbon draws I found some light blue cotton trim so I thought it is just perfect to make a little bow for my tag.

Used Material :

MME Kraft + Bazzill cardstock; Pink Paislee + Cosmo Cricket + Craftworkcards + Melissa Frances patterned papers; printed picture from Banksy.com ;
Crochet flower; Paper tea rose; Cotton trim; Juta twine; Ribbon;  Corner chomper; Distress tool; Thread; Ink;
Letraset Promarkers; Marvy 1122 pen


The cover of Banksy's 2005 compilation,
Wall and Piece



And my reflection of the recent London street situation


I printed Banksy rioter image on the pink stripe Vintage rose paper, coloured his bouquet of flowers and adhered woodware assorted buttons. No stitches no ink -  I wanted simplicity :0)


Crochet vintage lace with tied cotton cord. I was playing with sentiment. First I wrote WELCOME then I adhered Papermania foam letter stickers.

Used Material :

Bazzill pink and white + MME cardstock; Craftworks Vintage rose paper; Spellbinders Nestie; Lace;  Cotton cord; Button; Paper rose; Papermania Alpha Minies; Letraset Promarkers


6 comments:

  1. Both cards are amazing - very Banksy, and I love the way you've done the greeting in a graffiti style with the brick background - brilliant! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, really inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards - I love the images that you used

    jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Zuzana! Sooo original! I love both the cards they are so different! Well done :)


    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love these cards. That baby card is something else! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work, can't believe you managed to get two done! Thanks for joining in with my challenge!

    Samm
    X

    ReplyDelete