5 August 2011

Poppies and Gladioli

Welcome to our Daring Cardmakers challenge. As it is the first Friday of the month we continue with our flower theme. August is associated with Poppies and Gladioli. In flower language red Poppy means pleasure and extravaganze. Gladioli sincerity and strenght of character.

Pop to The Daring Cardmakers to see more fantastic flower creations.

Here is my card :

 Red Poppy is associated in England with Remembrance Day. Traditionaly we wear red Poppy flower in memory to those who sacrificed their lifes for us  in wars. 


I used red silk paper to create red Poppy flower. Black die cut circle with distress edge and embellished with some stiches and large black fabric button (from my mum) fot the flower centre.

 Layers of patterned papers - Crate Paper, Echo Park, Cosmo Cricket and white cake doily. Hand stitched for smooth edge :0)


 Baby pink seam binding is fabulous match with heavy duty juta twine. For the yummy detail touch I adhered yellow mini rose on the knot 

I am on my summer holidays driving thru the old continent :0) The weather is beautiful hot and sunny. I wish you were here with me :0)


 Used Material:

 Kraft, cream and black cardstock; Crate Paper, Echo Park, Cosmo Cricket and MME patterned paper; Cake doily;  Red silk paper; Melissa Frances Rub- on;  Martha Stewart edge punch; Zig zag scissors; Button (from my stash); Juta twine; Seam binding ( from The Ribbon Reel ); Paper rose; Thread; Ink

8 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Zuz. Your poppy is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your poppy is gorgeous! Such a beautiful card.
    Hope you're enjoying your holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your poppy a lot. It really pops out from your card =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card. That poppy is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Zuzana, that poppy is fantastic, and I love the font on the greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulus card, love the poppy, it's so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Zuz, that poppy is so lush and gorgeous. Such a beautiful card - it really pops! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love that poppy.

    ReplyDelete