30 November 2012

Fun and Games


Hello everybody! We have fantastic sunny day here but cold. Frosty white roofs are sparkling like diamonds.
 I would like to share my card made for Daring Cardmakers today.
Rein set up fantastic and very creative challenge for us.
Create a card with extra element of fun :

*It could include a game for the recipient to play
*Or you could put moving things on your card such as flapping wings or wheels that really work
*Or it can bee an advent calendar card with doors and windows  to open...

My card :

 
Card with little surprise envelope!

Take the envelope and ...
 
when you open you can play with dominoes! :0)
 
I was trying a lot of new things on this card. Sewing machine helped me to stitched background panel's edges around 3 times with white thread, then I took black Letraset promarker pen and dyed white stitches to black.
I inked basic white paper bag around the edges with yellow ink, then stampted with prima clear stamps and folded to create an envelope. Cut out two circles from kraft cardstock one smaller one bigger for the opening and closing  buttons. Punch the holes through and set up black eyelets.  Embellish with pink resin flower.Tied with black twine to create really vintage feel. Remember first you need to create an envelope then you can fill it with some game or surprise :0)
 
October Afternoon rub on transfer  'look what I found' from Rest-a-While perfectly matched with card colour scheme.
Double 9 Dominoes are downloaded from on of the websites for teachers. It was excellent to print it on white cardstock.  Finally I embossed sentiment 'Dominoes' with my DYMO Machine. Absolutely love this little machine! Hope that I won't be addicted to it :0)


Have a nice Friday and if you bored in the evening play some game!
What about Dominoes?

 


Used Material :

White scallop card base from Hobby Craft, October Afternoon The Thrift Shop and Road Map patterned paper, Black chalk paper with numbers, Basic white paper bag, Dominoes printable from here, Prima clear stamps - En Francais Text + Almanac, October Afternoon Rub on transfer, Paper flowers from Hobby Craft, Paper doily, Black large eyelets, Pink Resin flower from Tea House Bridge, DYMO, Black twine, Sewing machine, Thread, Versa Color canary + Black,
 

5 comments:

  1. This card is clever and fun and beautiful and amazing. You should really think about submitting it to a card magazine in my opinion:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Even without the game there would already be enough to see and marvel at. Placing the dominoes in a bag ON TOP OF the card is so clever! I also like the closing mechanism of the bag. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love it, especially that gorgeous flower x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zuzana, this is such a cool - but also beautiful - card! I love the idea of the hidden envelope with dominoes inside and love all the extra finishing touches that you added. That resin flower is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever! I love the eclectic look of your card - so many elements that make it so interesting and unique! Very trendy looking and a set of dominos to boot! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete